STEPS TO SALVATION
Follow the Steps to Salvation provided below.
1. Every person must be born again to know God and have everlasting life. John 3:3; John 3:16
2. The reason we must be born again is found in Rom. 3:23.
3. Eternal life is a gift from God. You cannot earn it on your own. Rom. 6:23
4. Being saved or born again is receiving Jesus as your Lord (Master) and committing yourself to follow His Word (the Bible). Rom. 10:9-10
5. Are you ready to make this life-changing commitment?
6. Pray according to Rom. 10:9-10
"God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I ask You to come into my life. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and I believe in my heart that You have raised Him from the dead. I turn my back on sin and I commit to follow You for the rest of my life. I thank You, Father, for saving me!"
7. You are now born again, forgiven and on your way to heaven. You are a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17).
Yet this is only the beginning. You need to renew your mind to live a powerful life as a believer. Rom. 12:2
a. Reading the Bible is important to your growth. Rom. 10:17
b. Getting together with believers regularly is vital. Heb. 10:25
8. If you ever have doubts about your salvation, reject them, and remember that regardless of your emotions or how you feel, you are saved because you obeyed and believed. Rom. 10:9-10
ARE YOU FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT?
First complete the steps listed above.
2. Who is the Holy Spirit?
a. He is your Comforter and Teacher. He wants to help you in your everyday situations. John 14:26
b. He gives you power to be a strong witness for Jesus. Acts 1:8
3. What happens when you are filled with the Holy Spirit? The evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit is you will able to speak in other tongues. Acts 2:4
4. The Holy Spirit is already here for every born again person. You don't need to wait or work to receive Him. Acts 2:38-39
5. Your mind will not understand or gain anything from tongues. It will sound useless and foolish to the natural mind. You are speaking mysteries to God, not to yourself or other people. 1 Cor. 14:2
6. Speaking in tongues is an act of your will. God gives you the ability to do it but will not force you or do it for you. 1 Cor. 14:14-15, Acts 2:4
7. If you ask for the Holy Spirit in faith, the Father will give Him to you. Luke 11:13
8. Would you like to receive the Holy Spirit today?
9. Pray according to Luke 11:13, ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit.
"Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I receive Him from You and according to the Bible I can now pray in other tongues."
10. Praying in tongues regularly will help to build up your faith. Jude 20
11. It is important to renew your mind according to the Bible to live a powerful life as a believer. Rom. 12:2
STEPS TO RECOMMITMENT
1. God promises His forgiveness if you confess/admit your sin. 1 John 1:9.
2. Confess your sins to God and thank Him for forgiving you according to 1 John 1:9.
3. It is important to be trained in the Bible in order to grow. Rom. 12:2.
4. Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit? If not, please refer to the section above and be filled with the Holy Spirit.